Sunday, September 9, 2012

Being Busy

The last two days have been busy with visiting, playing, yard sale/flea market/ consignment shopping.  Oliver spent a few hours with his grandaddy playing yesterday while the girls checked out the sales.  My goal was to look for any clothes and books.  My mom has a lot of kids books, but I want them to stau special to her house when we go over, therefor I don't have very many for him at all!  The annual Benson Hammond house flea market fixed that problem.  I found a lot of really great cardboard books there!  And... the most awesome thing ever... a mango slicer :)  When I was at the community college many years ago it was a running joke amongst my group of friends as to whether anyone knew how you were supposed to eat a mango, so I couldn't pass it up!  Then we checked out this sweet little consignment store for baby/kid things.  This place is really great because their stuff is already so reasonably priced and then if things have been there for a while they start cutting the price which is even more unbeatable.  I had already been planning on buying a handful of the $2 (each)onesies at walmart in the next size up for Oliver but we found a 3 pack there for $2 total! Perfect!  And I just couldn't resist the Figment poster since it was too cheap and Figment is my most favorite thing in all of Disney world... yes I'm still a kid! 

 

And in between making the rounds for Grandparents Day today... I managed to drag myself back to gym for the first real time in almost a year and a half.  Ok so I actually really wanted to go.  I went a few times while I was pregnant but didn't want to risk anything with the baby so I pretty much stopped.  And then I went once after Oliver was born with my sister, but then really just was too busy or tired to keep it up.  Oliver seems to be becoming much more agreeable to being left with someone so I decided today was now or probably never.  It felt great to get back with it!  Hopefully I'll get the chance to go a few times a week now that I've broken the ice.  I lost all the weight from the pregnancy really fast, now just need to work on the shape, energy level etc! :)

1 comment:

  1. I <3 Figment!

    (Lame comment, I know, but it had to be said.)

    ReplyDelete